Ghost in the Shell movie?
"Thot dimensions" (apparently thots are only ever around 5'3"/shorter-ish and no thots are ever around 5'7"/taller ish even though both are within 3 inches of each other and still very close to the national average.

"Thot dimensions" apparently also taking into account head size (big head = thot, smaller head = not).

Just the term "thot dimensions" in general.

:lol:
[Image: 7p10mnlqnzhmwpza.gif]
bakajin Wrote:
vesuvius Wrote:Also, on the topic of artistic merit.

GITS didn't really become big UNTIL it hit the West, same with stuff like Bebop or Trigun.

It makes sense that directors would go for a Western feel, inside and outside of artistic merit, it might have been of Japanese origin but it found its success in the West.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Bruh . . .

JAPANESE FANS voted Bebop 2nd best animated series the year it was released. Japanese critics

GITS was a financial success upon its initial release in Japan. The original manga was extremely popular. People in the US weren't checking for Japanese animation when GITS hit.

Trigun shouldn't be in the same paragraph. It's basically a low-teen show for boys.
Yes, I checked this again, you were right. It was Akira that popularized Anime outside of Japan, not GITS, my mistake.

That being said on the topic of Bebop, it's still WAY more popular in the west these days then it is in Japan, where it's been buried under slice of life and moe crap, whereas in the West it's still endlessly praised.

Seinen anime in the mold of GITS, Bebop and Trigun are still doing great here, whereas the kiddy stuff like Love Live is dominating in Japan these days.
[Image: DGaaBwz.gif]
Actually, Macross: Do you remember love? (1984) popularized anime in the US, as Robotech aired in the US long before Akira made it to VHS release in the US. Personally, I think its a better anime technically. By today's standards its a silly film, but technically its the most underrated anime. GITS was popularized by its mixture of CGI and Cel shading. By the time it was released, VIZ media had already established anime video sections in Blockbuster Video, and their stocking of movies like Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D.
They should make a live action of Wicked City. Still my favorite anime of all time.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
kcjones Wrote:Actually, Macross: Do you remember love? (1984) popularized anime in the US, as Robotech aired in the US long before Akira made it to VHS release in the US.
Yeah, but after Macross it was still a niche within a niche. The 90s really got the ball rolling, not just in the US, but the West in general.

To be fair, it wasn't just one anime, it was just a flood of quality anime coming in at the right time.

I didn't discover until many, many years later that Samurai Pizza Cats was originally an anime :lol:
Gonna be dubbed by original GITS actors in Japan:

http://kotaku.com/original-ghost-in-the ... 1793147644

Also, GITS is now rated as PG-13. Smh.
[Image: Qa6cdQ9c_t.jpg][
Saw the film, thought it was mediocre. Scarjo was cool in it, Kitano was good and Pilou had fun, but the characters of Kuze, Ouelet and Cutter were all uncompelling as fuck and took up more space than necessary IMO. I also found the search for her past to be dull and the outcomes overly obvious.
They gave this movie an F.
[Image: Qa6cdQ9c_t.jpg][
I saw the movie. I thought it was aight. Nothing special, really.
[Image: Lex_Cherie_web.gif?1402581254]

THIS IS HOW WE MAKE LOVE IN THE CLUB!!! 

Saw it.

Um. Yeah.

*SPOILERS*

1) Every point I made about whitewashing turned out to be justified. Sure, she has a synthetic body. Ok. Fine. But, plot twist, THIS BITCH FORGOT SHE WAS JAPANESE?? Just get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. I've seen some ridiculous justifications in plots for cancelling characters of color, but never no silly ass bullshit like this. This is the kind of story a Dodger would concoct. If you know anything about language, then you know that you THINK in your native tongue. You can't forget how.

2) They ass fucked the entire story. The source material is very nuanced in it's discussions about the meaning of existence and consciousness. The plot and dialogue in this move are beyond ham fisted. Clumsy is the best way to describe how these issues are handled. Whomever wrote this movie had little respect for the source material.

3) The casting was atrocious. A totally unnecessary "origin" of Batou's eyes, and the actor who plays him is just all wrong. You always get the impression of an actor trying to play a tough guy. Scarlett is a good actress, and yes she's the wrong race, but beyond that the dialogue they gave her was gawd awful. She clearly didn't understand the character, her motivations, or even how she should move. She kept trying to be robotic, but the Major was always graceful.

4) They were true and genuine cowards about the nudity. There is a sensuality to the original story that was entirely intentional. Should we, or should we not be sexually attracted to an artificial form. I dunno who's decision this was, but they got real queasy about it. The nude scenes are done with a full body rubber suit made to look like a gender neutral Barbie. And someone please explain to me why a robot needs a wet suit? She's a machine, she's not going to get cold.

5) And of course: GODDAMN FEMINISM. They just couldn't resist jamming their goddamn Western politics down the audience's throats. Possibly connected to the nudity issue, I don't know. But definitely the reason for the evil female doctor with the heart of gold. OF COURSE all the corporate men are evil. And OF COURSE the only good person involved in the Major's creation is a woman. And OF COURSE she had no idea where the Major's brain came from because she "didn't ask questions". Why? Because politics. The bizzare thing here is that they made the Major much weaker than she is in the original story. Stoic and sure footed on the job, she was introspective and contemplative on her own time. Scarlett played her as insecure and hesitant. So not only did they attempt #feminism, they also managed to fail at it.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]