Ghost in the Shell movie?
Not sure what Stylez was expecting, we all knew this SJW garbage was coming. *Shrugs*
[Image: DGaaBwz.gif]
Hopefully this movie will get a Dredd refresh in a few years. Someone with less money but more loyalty to the source material will make a braver, more authentic adaptation. In fact, someone should get Alex Garland on the phone right now. Ex Machina is one of the best sci fi movies ever.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
The only movie he's ever directed IS Ex Machina and im not sure how good he is with action.

Eh, I always liked SAC more than the movies, im good.
He wrote Dredd and 28 Days Later. Dude gets it. Dredd had great action, but the dude who directed it hasn't done anything else that's nearly as good. So I think if you get Alex involved at some high level, good things could happen.
White Girl Connoisseur
Not sure how writing an action flick translates to making good action scenes, but eh Deus Ex Machina was cool.
vesuvius Wrote:Not sure how writing an action flick translates to making good action scenes, but eh Deus Ex Machina was cool.

All due respect, but having worked in the industry and written several screenplays myself (as a hobby), I can say that this statement could only be made by someone who knows next to nothing about filmmaking.
White Girl Connoisseur
Shotgun Styles Wrote:
vesuvius Wrote:Not sure how writing an action flick translates to making good action scenes, but eh Deus Ex Machina was cool.

All due respect, but having worked in the industry and written several screenplays myself (as a hobby), I can say that this statement could only be made by someone who knows next to nothing about filmmaking.
All due respect, you haven't explained anything about how writing translates to actually telling folks "this is how you should move, this is how the scene should be shot, these are the expressions I want to see".

You haven't done anything to explain how writing can translate to shooting an action scene.

So, I don't really care how you look at that post.
Just saw it. Went with a open mind as I am a fan of both the movies and anime. It was an ok attempt. I'm glad they covered a few scenes from the original. there were some things I didn't like such as Cutter, Ouzelin and Kuze emphasis. Liked the spider bot. Of course this movie doesn't hold a candle to the original.

I'm glad they showed Batou's dog like in the anime.

[Image: 3xr-ghost-in-the-shell-2-innocence-mthd-....png?w=604]

Did y'all recognize the song at the end? I did lol.
[Image: Qa6cdQ9c_t.jpg][
ubiquitous Wrote:Did y'all recognize the song at the end? I did lol.
I did
vesuvius Wrote:
ubiquitous Wrote:Did y'all recognize the song at the end? I did lol.
I did

Anyway possible you could post a link for SAC episode Ag20? This is one of my favorite episodes and I can't find it online.
[Image: Qa6cdQ9c_t.jpg][