Get Out Horror Film
"...because how can you ever truly know that your outwardly caring and sensitive partner isn't secretly harbouring a deep well of racism towards you?"

If you've been in an interracial relationship, this naturally runs in the back of your head. That's not racism, its real, and its brilliant.
kcjones Wrote:"...because how can you ever truly know that your outwardly caring and sensitive partner isn't secretly harbouring a deep well of racism towards you?"

If you've been in an interracial relationship, this naturally runs in the back of your head. That's not racism, its real, and its brilliant.

That is one damn cynical view of the world.

And I don't buy it. I've dated a shit ton of white girls (even married one). There are girls who were raised in racist homes for which this is true. But a lot of white girls just want to be happy and have fun. They don't think about race because, for the most part, it doesn't affect them. The last thing in the world that would go though their minds is to sell you out because of race. The opposite is true in fact. They try (foolishly) to take on Black causes so the can connect more deeply with you. And this isn't fake. It's just a fool's errand because they can never truly understand. But that does not mean they are harboring some deep seated racism that you need to fear on a base level.
White Girl Connoisseur
[Image: OxvA.gif]
Shotgun Styles Wrote:
kcjones Wrote:"...because how can you ever truly know that your outwardly caring and sensitive partner isn't secretly harbouring a deep well of racism towards you?"

That is one damn cynical view of the world.

And I don't buy it. I've dated a shit ton of white girls (even married one). There are girls who were raised in racist homes for which this is true. But a lot of white girls just want to be happy and have fun. They don't think about race because, for the most part, it doesn't affect them. The last thing in the world that would go though their minds is to sell you out because of race. The opposite is true in fact. They try (foolishly) to take on Black causes so the can connect more deeply with you. And this isn't fake. It's just a fool's errand because they can never truly understand. But that does not mean they are harboring some deep seated racism that you need to fear on a base level.

I too am in an interracial marriage. I'm not making any claims or statements regarding white women, but about the black men they date. Doubt is a innate human feeling. Its not always logical, but rears it ugly head more often than anyone wants.